Hi

I want Lego because I plan to talk about building blocks for mechanistic models
of psychological phenomena.  And I think actually that the brain would be a
great use of Lego ... imagine different colors for different regions of the
brain.  If you want to see what is possible with Lego (and a 3-D scanner and
lots of patience), look at this 75 cm tall model of Mario!

http://thecontaminated.com/super-mario-lego-big-size/

Unfortunately does not look like anyone has shown a similar interest in the
brain.

Take care
Jim

James M. Clark
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

Department of Psychology
University of Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R3B 2E9
CANADA

On 17 Feb 2009 at 19:57, Jim Clark wrote:

> For a talk I'm doing in a few weeks for our undergraduates I want an image
> of the brain built with Lego.  Has anyone seen such a thing?  I've had no
> luck yet with google images.

Lego seems a rather unlikely medium to portray a brain. But you might try
knitted and quilted brains at the The Museum of Scientifically Accurate
Fabric Brain Art.

Really.

http://harbaugh.uoregon.edu/Brain/index.htm

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology, Emeritus
Bishop's University      e-mail:  sbl...@ubishops.ca
2600 College St.
Sherbrooke QC  J1M 1Z7
Canada

Subscribe to discussion list (TIPS) for the teaching of
psychology at http://flightline.highline.edu/sfrantz/tips/