Hi

Not just the public ... in a 2006 Behavioral and Brain Sciences paper, Ceci et
al provided empirical data that they concluded was inconsistent with the
rationale often given for tenure.

Take care
Jim

James M. Clark
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

Department of Psychology
University of Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R3B 2E9
CANADA

>>> <roig-rear...@comcast.net> 08-Jun-09 9:47 AM >>>

This is a great ruling, but I am skeptical that it will have any signficant
long-term impact given the public's negative attitude toward tenure and how
widespread this attitude seems to be (no data; just my impression). At some
institutions, tenure is no longer what it once was and some don't even seem to
offer it anymore. My sense is that within the next 20-30 years tenure as we
know it now will disapear altogether.

Miguel