Hi

On the harms of alternative medicine, see

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/harmquack.html

On the issue of freedom to choose, see

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/hfreedom.html

They are both from Stephen Barrett's quackwatch site, a rich resource on these
matters.  Barrett is a physician.

Hospitals, politicians, and academics who promote alternative medicine are
shirking their responsibilities.

Take care
Jim

James M. Clark
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

>>> Michael Smith <tipsl...@gmail.com> 08-Jun-09 9:06:52 PM >>>
Just a comment.

Although I surmise scientific types in general don't condone "alternative
medicine", being that we live in a country with personal freedoms I think
that people are allowed to choose 'questionable', 'useless', or even
'dangerous' treatments if they wish. If more and more people want
'alternative medicine' then they will have it, one way or another. I think
then that hospitals etc., may be responding to that desire, especially if it
just makes the patient 'feel better' with no other adverse effects.

--Mike