From: Michael Britt [michael.br...@thepsychfiles.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:28 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] Scare tactics and driving while texting

I don't know if you've noticed, but more videos are appearing that are
attempting to get people to stop texting while driving by showing videos
of young people getting into scary accidents.  This reminds me of other
attempts to get young people to stop smoking by showing them images of
cancerous lungs and by the whole "Scared Straight" program.  Weren't these
influence attempts shown to not be effective?

Michael

--
Michael Britt, Ph.D.
Host of The Psych Files podcast