Thanks, and yikes. (Yikes on the Fox 25 interview claiming that national
health care leaves countries vulnerable to terrorism.)   I agree that this
would be a good clip to have students in social psych consider.

I'm new to this list serve-very lively!  Thanks. I will be teaching social
psych and a senior thesis class this fall.

Have others on this list read Drew Westen's book "The Political Brain"?  In
it he talks about how good the political right in the US is at using
emotional appeals, and how the left fails when it uses exclusively rational
appeals. (At least that is my interpretation of one aspect of the book.)
The health care debate seems to exemplify this. It puzzles me that the
administration and advocates for health care reform do not use the many
possible emotional appeals that would be available.

Any thoughts on this?

Alice

Alice LoCicero, Ph.D., ABPP, MBA,

Associate Professor and Chair, Social Science

Endicott College

Beverly, MA 01915

978 232 2156