In the NY Times, there's an article about Elizabeth Gilbert's new book,
the follow-up to her "Eat, Pray, Love".  The article can be read at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/books/20book.html?pagewanted=all

For the NY Times review of "Eat, Pray, Love", see:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/26/books/review/26egan.html?pagewanted=all

I admit to not having read the book but remember the title because there
has been filming of EPL in the neighborhood (which means that signs have to
go up saying that there will be no parking on certain days on specific streets
because of filming; Julia Roberts plays Ms. Gilbert and some photos of
Ms. Roberts are provided here:
http://celebrityphotos.sheknows.com/celebrity-styles/julia-roberts-filming-eat-pray-love-in-nyc
http://www.examiner.com/x-969-NY-Nightlife-Examiner~y2009m8d4-Julia-Roberts-in-NYC-filming-Eat-Pray-Love

And no I neither saw Ms. Roberts or any other principals, just the signs).

So, I was just wondering (a) have any Tipsters read the book and (b) what
were their reactions to it?  Is the book/movie something relevant to psychology
courses or better left to the humanities/media courses?

-Mike Palij
New York University
m...@nyu.edu