Hi

I just read this ... many people outside psychology appear to be upset and
rightly so.  I'm not enamored of the suggestion, however, to shift to some
other style (e.g., MLA).

I also have been wondering just who is responsible for the mandated changes.
For example, I find the DOI requirement for all references that have a DOI
pretty weird ... would appear to just put more work on the author.  And the
issue of one or two spaces after a period appears like minutia that could have
safely been ignored.

And to what extent are the errors in the substantive parts because too much
time and energy went into such irrelevant things?

Take care
Jim

James M. Clark
204-774-4134 Fax
j.cl...@uwinnipeg.ca

>>> "Christopher D. Green" <chri...@yorku.ca> 13-Oct-09 8:19:15 AM >>>
Debate over errors in the APA manual reaches "Inside Higher Ed."
http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2009/10/13/apa

Chris
--

Christopher D. Green