Wow - I can't believe I didn't figure that one out (...looking for my "embarrassed" emoticon)! Good example of the confirmation bias too.

Michael Britt
mich...@thepsychfiles.com
www.thepsychfiles.com
Twitter: mbritt

On Dec 20, 2009, at 9:25 AM, tay...@sandiego.edu wrote:

Michael, we should let you figure this one out! Tsk tsk.

It's very easy.

None of the cards are the same suit and value throughout the game; they all look so similar that it's easy to be fooled.

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
University of San Diego