From: "Dr. Martin Bourgeois" <mbour...@fgcu.edu>
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)" <tips@acsun.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 11:06:22 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: [tips] Cannabis damages young eurocentric  rat brains

Since I'm the one who mentioned the relevance to research methods courses, I'll
put my two cents in. For me, it's a great example of generalizing and
speculating way beyond the data (to go from rat behavior and physiology to
depression and anxiety in teenagers is a bit of a reach), and from Stephen's
description I'd say the media source and the original researchers both have
done so. By no means was I trying to imply that such research has no merit.