We are a financially utterly broke masters program in Louisiana (which
should explain the brokeness) and one of my students has an exceptional
(for us) idea for a meta-analysis that is surprisingly missing in the
literature and has some clinical implications.

I haven't done one in 8 years, although, of course, I took appropriate
classes in the "early days." The Christmas holidays have shown me how much
our old hand written basic and DOS programs are not relevant, due to genuine
advances .

Since I am buying the software and the IRS can't believe that our wealthy
state  (Hey, the ex governor made $121 million on RIverboats....)doesn't
reimburse "school teachers" for such things, I'd appreciate knowing if
anyone knows of reasonable meta analytic software for a small number of
variables (no more than 10) and no more than 300 cases per variable. The
alternative, of course, is to write the code in a less dedicated computer
program at home  The only disadvantage is that the student is more likely to
be in the position to simply "plug numbers in" and not gain a conceptual
understanding.

I would like her to do the latter. The young lady recovered from a nasty
astrocytoma as an adolescent and her hard work and experience make me
optimistic that she can continue and earn a doctorate. In the mean time, I
NEED TO BUY OR LEGALLY SHARE A META ANALYSIS PROGRAM . Since we are the
lowest paid university in the second lowest  paid, finances are a
consideration, but I'd hock my bicycle to get her a good program.

Any help?

Bill McCown, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
(with thanks from Dave K!)