The identical twin data, as I understand it, was based on a sample that had
relatively little socioeconomic and cultural variation. The parents were
similar. Moreover the fact that they volunteered almost certainly meant that
there was less variation in their interactions and parenting style than
would be foukknd with a more hetergeneous population. When the variance due
to  social class and parenting styles are small then other variables would
account for more of the variance. If a wider sample were used and the
problems of volunteerism worked out, I suspect that parent's interaction
with children would account for more of the variance in children's behavior.