From what I understand, it's not that they can't focus their attention on
the unattended side (and most of the time that would be to the left).
Studies have shown that they can, if given appropriate cuing (take a look
at some of the work done by Posner and Raichle). Chances are, if you pinch
them, they will respond to that side.

At 02:39 PM 2/8/01 -0700, Michelle Miller wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Can anyone help me field this question:  When patients with visual
>neglect experience pain on the unattended side of the body (say, a hard
>pinch on the unattended arm), how do they typically respond?
>
>Thanks!
>
>-- Dr. Michelle Miller
>Assistant Professor
>Department of Psychology
>Northern Arizona University
>Flagstaff, AZ 86001-5106
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~mdm29/

Deb

Dr. Deborah S. Briihl
Dept. of Psychology and Counseling
Valdosta State University
Valdosta, GA 31698
(229) 333-5994
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
chiron.valdosta.edu/dbriihl/

Well I know these voices must be my soul...
Rhyme and Reason - DMB