I didn't realize how old I am. I *CLEARLY* remember the nickel candy
bar. And we used a bufallo nickel to pay :-)

annette

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, sieghi wrote:

> I like Michael's observations on GI but his closing comments introduce yet
> another dimension of GI and that is the devolving content of 'higher ed'
> courses. It's struck me that grading may be just as well-distributed as ever
> yet what the students are being graded on has become less and less
> demanding. Rather like the Hershey bar that still costs a quarter (I wish!)
> but is now half the size of the original. I don't blame the students -- I
> teach them from where they can be reached. I do wonder about the change,
> though.
> Beverly
> ______
>
> Beverly J Moore, PhD
> Mobile:      334-524-3063
>
> Affiliate Professor, Educational Psychology
> Voice/Fax: 530-678-7130
>
> Auburn University, AL 36849
> http://www.geocities.com/sieghi
>
>                                   Without music, life would be a mistake. –
> Nietzsche
>
> Composers should write tunes that chauffeurs and errand boys can whistle. –
> Thomas Beecham

> ______

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology                E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of San Diego                 Voice:   (619) 260-4006
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA  92110

                "Education is one of the few things a person
                 is willing to pay for and not get."
                                                -- W. L. Bryan