In addition to what I stated and the article I included in my last post, I also
wanted to send you links to two other articles relevant to Phillipe's questions:

Lloyd Morgan’s Canon: A History of Misrepresentation by Roger K. Thomas (2001)
http://htpprints.yorku.ca/documents/docs/00/00/00/17/htp00000017-00/MCWeb.htm

Razor in the Toolbox: The history, use, and abuse of Occam’s Razor by Robert Novella
(2001)
http://www.theness.com/newsletter.html
(You'll have to scroll down the page a bit to get to this one.)

--
Jeffry P. Ricker, Ph.D.          Office Phone:  (480) 423-6213
9000 E. Chaparral Rd.            FAX Number: (480) 423-6298

Listowner: Psychologists Educating Students to Think Skeptically (PESTS)
http://www.sc.maricopa.edu/sbscience/pests/index.html