Marc Carter wrote:
> Those old guys were *smart*...

If ever you hear of a concentration of philosophical, scientific, and
artistic talent like there was in Athens between, say, 450 and 350 bc (a
city of about 100,000 back then) move there and start drinking the
water, breathing the air, and eating food grown from the surrounding
ground. Something pretty astonishing was happening back then. (And when
you consider that geniuses like Aristarchus and Archimedes came a
century later during the Hellenistic "decline"... )

Chris
--

Christopher D. Green
Department of Psychology