Michael Britt writes:
>My 11 year old daughter has been interested in horses
>for a long time (unlike her 11 year old brother, but that's
>an N of only 2) so not long ago I brought her to a 4H
>horse farm…I mentioned this to a colleague and she
> agreed and interpreted this in a vague Jungian-archetypal way.
> I'm not too big on Jung, but I don't have any other explanation.

Try asking an orthodox Freudian (some still exist!). Next, try a
(Melanie) Kleinian. Then take your choice. :-)

Allen Esterson
Former lecturer, Science Department
Southwark College, London
allenester...@compuserve.com
http://www.esterson.org

----------------------------------
[tips] Girls and Horses - Archetype?
Michael Britt
Sun, 24 Oct 2010 05:53:10 -0700
My 11 year old daughter has been interested in horses for a long time
(unlike
her 11 year old brother, but that's an N of only 2) so not long ago I
brought
her to a 4H horse farm.  I don't visit horse farms that often, but
whenever I
do I notice that there seems to be a disproportionate number of young
girls
taking lessons.  I mentioned this to a colleague and she agreed and
interpreted
this in a vague Jungian-archetypal way.  I'm not too big on Jung, but I
don't
have any other explanation.

Thoughts?

Michael