I've been distracted recently :-), and didn't take much notice this
from Michael Britt:
>I was recently contacted by someone who invited me to
>take a look at the site for "highly sensitive" people.
>Obviously the term isn't in the DSM and based on my
>perusal of the site I have to say I'm a little suspect.
>Any thoughts on this idea?
>http://highlysensitive.org/

This was ignored by other TIPSters, precisely the kind of experience
that would be upsetting to any sensitive person. :-)

It seems to me to be a harmless enough website, in the sense that the
contributors are not asking for any special concessions or indulgence.
It's a place where people of like-mind (or in this instance,
like-feeling) can exchange ideas and experiences, not a bad idea, and
one that the arrival of the internet has enabled.

Allen Esterson
Former lecturer, Science Department
Southwark College, London
allenester...@compuserve.com
http://www.esterson.org

[tips] Highly Sensitive people - anything to this?
Michael Britt
Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:06:34 -0800
I was recently contacted by someone who invited me to take a look at
the site
for "highly sensitive" people.  Obviously the term isn't in the DSM and
based
on my perusal of the site I have to say I'm a little suspect.  Any
thoughts on
this idea?

http://highlysensitive.org/

Michael