  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:50 AM
  Subject: [TMIC] GRACE.....an update....

  Many of you have inquired about Grace.  I received this letter from her this
morning and she gave me permission to forward it to the list.....so here goes:

  Dearest Lynn,

  I'm so sorry that I haven't written lately.  It is my eyes---they are going
quickly now, and it is very difficult for me to read my emails and even more so
to type them.  There are two magnifying glasses here on my desk and I
frequently have to depend on them, and sometimes, even with their help, I still
can't see to read my mails.  For now, books, including my Bible, are a thing of
the past, as even with my glasses on, and a large print Bible, I still can't
comfortably read and often become distraught whenever I try and am
unsuccessful.  During the day, I open all of the drapes and turn on every
single lamp, as the dimness is so diconcerting for me.  The thing that I hate
the most, is that I am very much behind on my Devic's work----tons of
unanswered emails and queries, the newly diagnosed, those just fresh out of a
relapse, people looking for neuros, people with medication questions, and those
just needing a hand to hold theirs, that my dear friend Tim (The founder of our
site.), is bearing the brunt of it.  Most days I try, but quickly become
frustrated by my vision.   You know Lynn, I used to think that it was the
paralysis that I feared the most, but now I am not so sure of that as
previously.

  One very good thing has come from this experience with serious illness,
however, and that is that the small things, the little things that upset so
many, are now in perspective for me.  In the grand scheme of things, the *small
stuff* just doesn't matter.  For this new perspective, I am grateful.

  Dearest Lynn, I think of you so often throughout the day.  Your most generous
and unselfish gift, came at a time whenever I was most in need.  The day that I
received your card in the mail, I immediately burst into tears, but they were
happy ones, Lynn.  Grateful tears.  Thanks to you, I will have enough
medications to get me through until such time as I qualify for Canadian OHIP.
Because I always relapse whenever my prednisone is reduced, I was in a state of
great fear.  I knew that if it were to stop altogether, that it would only be a
matter of weeks, if not days, before I was hit again.  God bless you for your
loving kindness.  You are certainly one of God's stewards.

  I love you,
  Grace........P.S........You may certainly forward this mail to the list and
give them an update.  Just please, take my address off of it.  Soon, I'll be
ready to get back into the swing of things again.  Please tell everyone that I
miss them.