Gilly,

Very well put.  I know that I now live a 'new normal'.  I have had to let go of
a lot of things too.

Heather in Calgary

Heather and Gilly,

I don't know about all of our 'new normal' family (and that is such a great way
to put it!) but I do know that from the very first I had to decide to be mad or
glad so I chose glad and insisted my family do the same.  We have giggled and
laughed thru a whole lot of things that would otherwise make me frustrated or
angry.  One was trying to get past the 'Nanny diaper' days and that was a
chore, I'll tell you!!  Still is occasionally!

Then when all of us brothers and sisters and a bunch of the younger bunch went
to the ocean, they tried to push my wheelchair and there was no way.  So they
parked it and held onto me and then we all started laughing because I was
leaving a 'snail-trail' from dragging my right foot so every single one of them
started dragging their foot, too.  You should have seen the trails we all left.
 We all laughed until we cried.

Another year we went to the ocean my sister and I played a trick on the younger
bunch involving a Depend.  I won't post it on the TMIC because it might offend
someone but we have fun with a lot of things that otherwise would make our
lives miserable.  I won't say there haven't been times when I just sat down and
sobbed because there have been.  I call them a cleansing of the soul.

Enjoy your day!!

Jeanne in Dayton