From: Ryota Nishino
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:56 PM
To: TM list
Subject: [TMIC] TM and ambient temperature

Hello,
Following our recent discussion, I think I could report one thing to you. I
moved from New Zealand to Fiji in June 2011 as I got a new job here. Within
three days of arrival in Fiji, the 'pins and needles' sensations across my
belly disappeared and receded to mid thigh. I had had TM since Oct 2010. This
may be the full extent of my recovery, though.

Some people say TM can exacerbate under heat. But my GP back in New Zealand,
who operates on an 'integrative medicine' paradigm, commented that if the
ambient temperature is too low, the energy gets chewed up thinking about coping
with the cold. Certainly his comment rings true to me. TM has accentuated my
aversion to winter. I lived in Christchurch, NZ, shaking since September 2009.
Cold and damp winter. Unlike North America, central heating is unheard of. The
'stiff upper lip' mentality is encouraged to endure the poor heating apparatus
and appalling housing.

Any thoughts on TM and ambient temperature?

Ryota