Should have said:

so if you press enter the entire screen lights up with errors because all the characters are off by 5 (in position 1 instead of position 6)

Pete

Pete Helgren wrote:
How do you do that?   I wish I knew more about the inter workings of tn5250j.  One of these days I'll roll up may sleeves and get my hands dirty and muck around in the code base for a few weeks.....

That took care of the ability to edit the code, however, there appears to be an alignment issue with the data as it appears in SEU.  SEU must have a field that tells it how to align the data on the screen because the Type entry in SEU normally aligns to position 6 (at least in an RPG OPM program) and in this case the type field aligns to position 1 so if you press enter the entire screen lights up with errors because all the characters are off by 1. If you could point out where to look for this, I could take a shot at it.  The field itself, in debug, does not have the leading blanks and I can't tell how SEU "knows" to align the data since tn5250j DOES align the data.

I'll also add a properties file that will hold the IP address so we don't have to keep changing IP addresses if we fully update the code.  I'll also investigate the "cursor movement" issues.

Final question:  How do we want to handle the CVS access on this?  This is a pretty small piece of code so far.  We could:

1. Create a sub project of tn5250j and make the code available there.
2. Create a new SF project .
3. I could get you set up with CVS access on our CVS server.  I might be able to get anonymous access set up  for folks to check out the source but I am really not in a good position to set up multiple committers and such.

Your call. I know that Richard is interested in the code and I expect, if I post to a few other lists that I participate in , that we could get some volume of interest on this.  I just don't want to announce it being available until we are ready for folks to access the code. What do you think?  I'll do the legwork on the SF project or our company CVS if you think that is the best way to go. As admin on tn5250j, you'd have to set up the sub-project (however that is done).

Pete