permissions are -rwsr-wr-x

Josh Diggs wrote:
If I select run in terminal, a terminal screen pops up, and disappears.  If I select

run, nothing seems to happen.

This sounds like it might be a problem with the file's permissions.  The execute bit needs to be set appropriately for whoever is running tn5250j.  Check the permissions

ls -Al

and use chmod to set the appropriate permissions if necessary.

chmod 555 tn5250j.script (or whatever the script name is)