Jon Stevens wrote:

> I didn't remember you posting about building such a system,
> but it is MOST appreciated and wanted.

Posted innumerable times, but here it is once again:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jakarta/buildall.html

> I will wait to use whatever you have.

I didn't mean to stop your work, please continue.  I'm not changing
anything within these projects, I am simply automating the generations of
tailored build scripts.

Again, what would make my life easier (and I suspect the lives of our
precious users) would be if we could settle on simple things like whether
the target names are dist or package?  Are the build.xml files to be found
in the top directory or in a build subdirectory?  Are they, in fact, named
build.xml or named build-<project>.xml?  And how does one determine and
specify the dependencies?

Not to mention the innumerable schemes used to specify outputs.

There are a number of these issues where I have expressed preferences, but
most of all I would like some consistency amongst the various Jakarta and
Jakarta related projects.

- Sam Ruby