>Assume a change to class Abc.java and a corresponding change to
>Abc-doc.html.

Did we speak of user documentation or developper documentation ?
You can change all the code you want til the user see no difference
in configuration and usage.

The user (and the developper of servlets/JSP) allready follow the
servlet/JSP APIs...

Only tomcat core and tomcat modules developpers may be impacted by code
update. If the code update is important, it has been discussed on
tomcat-dev and documentation update will certainly covers more than
one code commit.

>If they are in the same CVS repository, a single commit does
>both.  Otherwise, you need to remember to do two individual
>commits (one
>on each repository).
>
>Likewise, when you decide later to back out this change (because it was
>incorrect or something), you have to remember that there was
>also a commit
>on the docs repository.  In the same repository, the commit message
>contains both sets of changes, so you know that you have to
>back them both
>out.

I could agree if we're speaking of Core Developpers Documentation, but in
our case, the discussion is on User Documentation.

The Developper Documentation should cover architecture of Tomcat
3.2/3.3/4.0,
Interceptor, Valves design and implementations and so on.

Do you plan to make a real-time core developper documentation following
all the code change ? There is allready TC-DEV, javadoc and cvs for tracking

all that changes.