on 7/19/01 10:58 PM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm positive Jon will be +1 for this :-), but I'm very -1 for reasons that
> have been discussed at length on this and other lists in the past.
> Storing JAR files is evil, because it creates dependencies on those
> particular versions of the JAR files and you cannot reliably recreate a
> release purely from sources.

In the case of Catalina, I'm against it since you have setup a system of
defining things in the build.properties file and requiring people to already
download a ton of other stuff anyway.

The next logical step is to use Geir's JJAR (look in the
jakarta-commons-sandbox) to automatically download the right .jar files for
you.

> Actually, Jon's suggestion is the right answer.
>
> Craig McClanahan

I'm going to print that quote (taken entirely out of context) out and frame
it next to my JSP Sucks article. :-)

    <http://jakarta.apache.org/~jon/jdj_julycover.jpg>

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous