On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Bernd Koecke wrote:

> some weeks ago I send a patch for mod_jk for an only routing lb_worker. A few
> days later I sent the docu. Henry Gomez said, that it should be commited. But it
> I think it isn't in the repository. But its the same  with me here, to mutch
> work for to less time :).

I think it is in mod_jk, I remember seeing the commit.

And I think I commited it in jk2 as well ( after some modifications ).

> I need sticky sessions but no loadbalancing in the module. If a request without
> a session comes in, it should be routed to the _local_ tomcat.

Well, there is another use-case with the exact same behavior - Apache2
with tomcat in JNI mode. All requests without session should be routed to
the _jni_ channel ( i.e. in-process, minimal overhead ).

It's exacly the same - so be sure I do my best to handle this case :-)

Apache2 acts like a 'natural' load-balancer/fail-over, with the parent
process monitoring for crashes and it starts/stop childs based on
load.

> I think this could be possible with the associated instance of a channel (item
> 7). Then I have to configure all four nodes for the same group. Because all
> nodes will serve the same webapps and associate the channel with this group. But
> for this I need a non balancing group. I don't see if the default behavior of a
> group is balancing and if this can be switched off. Is this right or do I miss
> something?

The default is balancing, but you can tune this using weithgs ( and I
think we use your code for making one instance 'top priority').

Please check the code, take a look and send additional comments/patches.

It's not yet completely done, of course.

Thanks,