On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 02:36, Mike Anderson wrote:
> Now that Apache 2.0 has been released, when/how should we deliver the
> mod_jk plugin (the 1.2.0 version from jtc) for Apache 2.0.  Since the
> magic number changes between builds, we can't put a version out there
> that will work with all possible versions.  Should we just try and keep
> up with the current Apache 2.0 (currently 2.0.39)?

Anything below 2.0.39 has security issues and should not be used in
production. So, it shouldn't even be supported. 2.0.39 should be the
starting point.

> Should we update all
> of the possible tomcat releases (currently 3.2.4, 3.3.1, 4.0.4, 4.1.7
> Beta) when Apache updates?

I reckon that's going to be a lot of work. Unless there are security
issues, we should focus on what's current. In other words, the current
stable version from each branch. Anything else, build from source or use
the old version.

If someone contributes a binary, then by all means, it should be
published, but otherwise it shouldn't be a target.

Bojan