I think I understand what you're saying here and it will probably be
necessary for non-Apache web servers anyway. I was thinking more along
the lines of:

1. Anything you want to disallow for TC, rewrite to Apache visible
filenames and/or URL's (in your example, image files). Apache will then
happily serve them.

2. Anything else, rewrite to URL that match something that's in mod_jk's
space.

Bojan