Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Glenn Nielsen wrote:
>
>>> So I'll add support for log capture on shutdown (I think it's as
>>> useful to have it as on startup). My personal preference is to leave
>>> the capture switched off by default for the critical path, as it
>>> would confuse developers (IMO).
>>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> The number of people using Tomcat for development is probably much
>> larger than
>> those using it in production.  So I am removing my previous -1 for the
>> default
>> setting of swallowOutput.
>

> I was thinking maybe it could be useful to add that flag to the
> DefaultContext. I'll do that after tagging 4.1.10.

I forgot about the DefaultContext, yes, swallowOutput must be configurable
in the DefaultContext.  It shouldn't take much to add this, why not add it
before tagging 4.1.10 since it may be a good candidate for release.
I know that I will require the ability to set swallowOutput=true in the
DefaultContext.

Regards,

Glenn