It would require a bit of integration, due to the fact that Tomcat 4.1
changed how it was doing it's XML parsing.  Excuse me if I get the
details wrong, I haven't looked at this for a few months, but it seems
that Tomcat 4.0 used its own XML parser (digester??), then moved to
using the commons version.  JBoss's integration uses the old versions of
the classes and would have to be updated to use the same new commons
classes.

It wouldn't be TOO dificult, but it's not just replaceable
automatically.  To me, it seemed as if the JBoss developers do the
integration once there is a stable, official release of Tomcat, so they
were just waiting for that with the 4.1.x code base.  You might want to
ping Scott Stark on the JBoss development list (or online forum), he is
usually the one who has done the integration.

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
http://www.novell.com

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 9/23/02 3:13:06 PM >>>
Is there any particular reason why I could not configure Tomcat 4.1
instead
of 4.0 to the JBoss 3.0 j2ee server setup?

Micael