----- Original Message -----
From: "Henri Gomez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 11:33 PM
Subject: apps conversion from 3.3.1 to 4.1.12

> Hi to all,
>
> While converting some applications from 3.3.1 to 4.1.12 I noticed
> some little problems.

Wot? 3.3.1 isn't good enough for you any more. ;-)

> 1) We used to define our own default servlet, but 4.1.x
>     definie its own default in conf/web.xml.
>
>     Could we change from org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet
>     to our actual default servlet, knowing that all webapps use the
>     same code base ? In that case should the jar containing the
>     default servlet could be in common/lib ?

Without testing, in theory you can put your jar in common/lib, and change
the classname for "default" in conf/web.xml and the only bugs will be yours.
:)  Note, that this is more than you can do with 3.3.1.

> 2) We also used to include external entities in web.xml which live
>     outside webapp dir :
>
>     ie :

> <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
> 2.2//EN"
>                           "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd";
[
> <!ENTITY % settings SYSTEM "../../../settings.xml"> %settings;
> ]>

> Digester find settings.xml only when it's located in WEB-INF or
> webapp directories (ie ROOT/WEB-INF/settings.xml or ROOT/settings.xml).
>
> How could I make it find the settings.xml outside webapps area ?
> via conf/catalina.policy ?

This has always been a headache for me on all Tomcat versions.  However, I
don't think that internal-entities can be used at all (usefully).

> Thanks for you help.
>

> --
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: