The connectors which depend on the org.apache.catalina.connector package
(including JK 1, webapp, and the old HTTP connectors) will either need
to be updated or removed. The Coyote family of connectors is well
supported and provides a suitable replacement (IMO). Coyote is the
default connector in the current Tomcat 4.1.x releases, and should be
reaching maturity by the time Tomcat 5 is released.

I'd like to remove the deprecated org.apache.catalina.connector classes
(and move the remaining facade and wrapper classes to other new packages).

Even if they are removed from the main tree, the deprecated components
could also be distributed with updated versions of the affected
connectors should it is decided they should be made available for Tomcat
5 (but in any case, some work will be needed).

<ballot>
[ ] Remove deprecated org.apache.catalina.connector components from the
j-t-catalina module
[ ] Leave them in
</ballot>

In case the second option is voted, volunteers will be needed to update
and maintain the components (right now, I don't think the connectors
based on them would even build against the new API).

Remy