------ Forwarded Message

From: mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:25:52 -0500
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Poor documentation for jk

Hi Webmaster,
I would like to bring to light the fact that the documentation for the
jk mod to bind apache and tomcat is severly skrewd.  It's saying to run
scripts that don't exist and basically making it impossible to use jk.

There is up to date documentation for both jk and jk2 :

JK:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/doc/

JK2:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/doc/

The documentation is regenerated each day from cvs contents.

Connector is also directly reference in tomcat 4.1 online doc :

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/connectors.html

jserv is what we now use and i guess have to continue to use. I would
like to see apache remain #1 but that will not be the case with outdated
documentation.

Did you ever tried to search on user mailing lists ?

Sometimes I wonder why we make documentations....