jean-frederic clere wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:

Snif, snif, my Sony Vaio GRX laptop is dead :-(

I was using it for all my TC development, as well as my email. That means I'll waste some time reconfiguring stuff on my desktop (which I was using as a test machine) before I'm up and running again on TC development.

As a replacement, I'm considering getting a Dell Centrino-based laptop (with the 14.1" hi res screen). Any opinion on these ? How's the battery life ?

For your information, I've got a DELL INSPIRON 8000 (PIII 1Ghz) with a 14' display and with a new battery I could use it for real works (edit/compile/run) for a Paris-Chambery TGV trip (3 hours).

With to battery you could expect 5-6 hour autonomy.

But of course, when the bats became older the autonomy drop quickly.