-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Wallace
Sent: Thursday, 7 August 2003 9:20 AM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: RE: window close session invalidate

OK, Thanks for that.
        An interesting note however..after some testing, the session is not killed
when run from another terminal i.e running the same instance of TC (same server) but
from different terminals. That would suggest it is an IE configuration issue (at much
annoyance to certain developers). I will at this stage bring this up on the user list!

Thanks

Paul.

i had the same problem with internet explorer. mozilla seems to work
properly.
i tracked the problem down and found out that internet explorer looses
the session cookie when closing the popup browser window.

then i added
     <DefaultContext cookies="false" />
to my virtualhost definition in server.xml to disable the session-cookie
mechanism.
after that everything worked fine for me.
remember to encode all urls with response.encodeURL().

jochen schwörer