Henri Gomez wrote:
Glenn Nielsen a écrit :

As part of the mod_jk 1.2.5 release I promised to move the JTC download to
www.apache.org/dist so that the downloads can be mirrored. Here are the
changes I propose to make as I set this up.

First, here is the directory layout for mirrored downloads at
/www/www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors :

KEYS
jk
jk/README.html
jk/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2-src-current.tar.gz ->
 jk/source/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.5-src.tar.gz
jk/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2-src-current.tar.gz.asc ->
 jk/source/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.5-src.tar.gz.asc
jk/binaries
jk/binaries/aix
jk/binaries/freebsd
jk/binaries/iseries
jk/binaries/linux
jk/binaries/macosx
jk/binaries/netware
jk/binaries/solaris
jk/binaries/win32
jk/source
jk/source/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.5-src.tar.gz
jk/source/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.5-src.tar.gz.asc
jk2
jk2/README.html
jk2/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-2.0-src-current.tar.gz ->
  jk2/source/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-2.0.2-src.tar.gz
jk2/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-2.0-src-current.tar.gz.asc ->
  jk2/source/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-2.0.2-src.tar.gz.asc
jk2/binaries
jk2/binaries/aix
jk2/binaries/freebsd
jk2/binaries/iseries
jk2/binaries/linux
jk2/binaries/macosx
jk2/binaries/netware
jk2/binaries/solaris
jk2/binaries/win32
jk2/source
jk2/source/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-2.0.2-src.tar.gz
jk2/source/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-2.0.2-src.tar.gz.asc

Each binary directory would contain a tar.gz, rpm, or zip for the binary release
rather than .dll or .so files. The archive would be named:

jakarta-tomcat-connector-jk-{version}-{OS-Version-CPU}-{Webserver}.tar.gz (.zip for windows, .rpm for linux rpm's)
linux rpms would go in the binaries/linux directory.

Here is an example for mod_jk 1.2.5 for FreeBsd on i386 for apache 2:

jakarta-tomcat-connector-jk-1.2.5-freebsd4.8-i386-apache-2.0.47.tar.gz

This will allow us to put multiple binaries in the same directory for different
jk release versions, OS versions, and web server versions and make managing
the mirrored download and archive.apache.org directories easier.

httpd includes the source with their binary distributions, I recommend that we do
the same. The binary release should contain the contents of the source release
plus the binary files.

Here is what I propose we do:

1. Coyote - /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/coyote/release/

This contains 9 coyote connector beta release and one release candidate.

Do we need to keep these? If not, since coyote comes with the Tomcat releases,
why not completely remove coyote from the tomcat-connectors download?

+1 to remove coyote from the download completely since it is part of the Tomcat release.

If we keep them, I will make the following changes.

Take each release directory and create both a tar.gz and .zip for the
release, sign each.  i.e.  The jar files in v1.0-b1 are put into
apache-tomcat-coyote-1.0-b1.tar.gz.

Place the tar.gz and zip files in the
/www/archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/coyote/binaries/ directory.

2. JK1.2 /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/

Remove the docs directory, point users to jakarta.apache.org/tomcat in the README.html.

Remove the nightly directory, no nightlies have been done.

Reorganize the releases as described above. Move old releases to archive.apache.org/dist,
move the current release to www.apache.org/dist .

3. JK2 /www/jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/

Remove the docs directory, point users to jakarta.apache.org/tomcat in the README.html.

Remove the nightly directory, last nightly was done Oct. 5 2002.

Reorganize the releases as described above. Move old releases to archive.apache.org/dist,
move the current release to www.apache.org/dist .

4. Add a section to http://jakarta.apache.org/site/sourceindex.cgi for downloading the
tomcat connectors from the mirror.

5. Use a .htaccess file to add a permanent redirect for jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors to
www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tomcat-connectors/ .

Comments and suggestions welcome.

I'm fine with it but the Linux RPMs are problematic since there is by now just too many distributions to follow :

- Redhat 6.x, 7.x, 8.x/9.x
- Suse
- Mandrake.

There is way too mixed case, Apache 1.3, 2.0, 1.3 with SSL, so I suggest to make a link to www.jpackage.org which take care of all the current distro and produce rpms accordingly...

I am not familiar with jpackage, are you saying that they are creating distributions of mod_jk for linux?

Glenn