----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn Nielsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: Coyote Connector logging

> Remy Maucherat wrote:
> > Glenn Nielsen wrote:
> >
> >> The Coyote docs state the following regarding coyote connector logging:
> >>
> >> "Any debugging or exception logging information generated by this
> >> Connector will be automatically routed to the Logger that is
> >> associated with our related Engine. No special configuration is
> >> required to enable this support."
> >>
> >> But this doesn't seem to work.
> >>
> >> The Connector is configured in the Service scope and the Logger is
> >> configured in the Engine
> >> scope.  A Service can not have a Logger configured, and an Engine
> >> can't have a Connector
> >> configured.
> >>
> >> I see logging output from the Coyote Connector going to the default
> >> stdout/stderr Tomcat
> >> logs rather than to to the log configured for the Engine.
> >>
> >> Am I just mistaken, or is the documented logging behaviour broken?
> >

> > As many components, the connector now logs to commons-logging (with
> > categories according to its classname), so this particular page in the
> > docs would need updates :-(
>
> Right, I saw that.  So how would you configure Coyote to log to the
> same log as you configured for the Engine in Tomcat 4.1?

Change the Engine logging to use c-l? ;-).

I don't see that it could be done since none of the components outside of
o.a.c.t5 understand anything about Catalina (and I'm strongly -1 to changing
this, since it will break 3.3).

> Glenn

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this
message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the
Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as
social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and
passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.