Jess Holle wrote:
- There's big threads, commit messages (incl recent ones), and bugs on this issue. How about reading that before writing an email about how bad things are.

I did search the archives for such threads before even filing my duplicate bug, so apparently my searching is inept. I'll look again, but pointers would be appreciated.

For example: remm 2003/12/10 14:26:28

Modified: catalina/src/share/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5
CoyoteConnector.java CoyoteRequest.java
mbeans-descriptors.xml
Log:
- Add a flag to allow using the encoding specified in the contentType for
the URI paramters. This is disabled by default, not compliant with the standards,
but present for compatibility.

There's a query page in BZ, also, and as I said, many threads on tomcat-dev (use the archives).

Rémy