Thanks, Tim,

The file actually is quite simple. It is a simple form with HTML radio buttons for choosing colors. There are a LOT of colors, but the code is pretty straightforward. I need to get the code into a JSP file so that I can utilize Struts.

Michael

Tim Funk wrote:

1) don't use compile time includes
2) split your page into multiple files which can use jsp_includes. Any file which needs to be this big is probably extrememly painful to debug.
3) followup to tomcat-user, not tomcat-dev

-Tim

Michael McGrady wrote:

I have the following error:

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
   [javac] Compiling 1 source file

C:\crackwillow\work\Catalina\localhost\_\pallet_jsp.java:12934: code too large for try statement
} catch (Throwable t) {
^
C:\crackwillow\work\Catalina\localhost\_\pallet_jsp.java:30: code too large for try statement
try {
^
C:\crackwillow\work\Catalina\localhost\_\pallet_jsp.java:17: code too large
public void _jspService(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
^
3 errors

org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:130)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:293)

org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:340)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:352)
org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:474)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:184)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
com.crackwillow.filter.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:20)

Is there anything to do?  I need this file to be a JSP file in Struts.

Michael