Bill Barker wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Costin Manolache" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 4:14 AM
Subject: Re: Deprecation and JK2

A lot of the code is actually specific to the now-dead Jk2 - if the
native jk2 is gone, probably you should clean up this side as well.

- org.apache.jk.apr - the not-quite apr jni layer that connects to the
native objects, as well as 'in-process' launcher ( I doubt it can be
used by jk1.x ), also common.JniHandler

- ChannelJni, ChannelShm, ChannelUn, Shm - specific to jk2.

I think that proxy_ajp is hoping to be able to use ChannelUn someday.  It's
no more Jk2 specific than ChannelSocket is.

It is using the jk2 'object' - it can be easily rewritten to use the new apr library directly, but in the current form I don't see how it could be used without jk2 native (and if you want to add it - it's easier to start from channelSocket ).

Maybe it would be a good idea to rename the remaining files ( but please
not org.apache.ajp - it would be confusing since this is the name of the
very old connector package ).

What is the story with in-process ? Is it still supported with jk1.x ?

Only the (very) old 3.3 JniHandler at the moment.

Maybe the new apr library will help improve this too.

BTW, starting in-process java in jdk1.5 ( on linux at least ) it's amazing, no longer requires LD_LIBRARY_PATHs and seem to 'just work'.