To be honest, I don't like where this is going. I think access to native
functionality for tomcat is great - and starting with functionality provided by apr is ok. But there is a lot outside apr, and if this becomes 'apr - java interface', it won't be easy to add.

So maybe it would be better to rename it to org.apache.tomcat.jni or something, keep the apr stuff as 'tomcat interface with apr' ( with a comment that when/if apr does have an official binding - we can switch), and keep it open for the other non-apr stuff that may be interesting.

Costin