Remy Maucherat wrote:

Here, I suppose modifying all the loggers to be like this:
private Log log = LogFactory.getLog(JspServlet.class);
would fix the issue without further problems.

Hmm... Any chance of such a fix in the next few months. I can search out such and suggest patches, but I'm quite sure you have a far greater degree of familiarity with the details -- I just saw the "configuration nightmare" as you aptly put it.

It's not the official J2EE way (there's no official J2EE way, as the default java.util.logging implementation is one global namespace unsuitable for containers), but it's similar to JNDI handling.

Understood. I've already got reasonable JNDI-based approach -- assuming the static loggers are to be cleaned up any time in the near future.

--
Jess Holle