Mladen Turk wrote:
Bill Barker wrote:

Is something like that possible?

It would be really easy to default to 8184 for all Connectors (just change
the value in o.a.c.connector.OutputBuffer). I'm not so sure how happy that
would make Remy.

Not much I'm afraid ;)

It wouldn't be too hard to have Connector.createResponse check the protocol,
and if it's AJP/1.3 then set the buffer size to 16386 (currently it's not
possible to decrease the buffer size).

That would be great.

It wouldn't be that hard to add buffering to JkInputStream so that it always
tries to write out a 8184 packet. This would also prevent fracturing in the
event that the webapp programmer decides to call response.setBufferSize
herself. The downside would be an extra arraycopy when writing (and, of
course, an extra 8184*numThreads bytes of memory used :).

Not very optimal IMO. If somebody sets the buffer size by hand, then, well, he probably knows better :)

None of these solve a real issue. Right now, the AJP packet generation will do byte copying, which is bad unless you also use that mandatory copying to minimize the amount of network packets sent. It's the same as chunking in HTTP, and does need a socket buffer for best efficiency. Conviniently, with APR, I need to have direct buffers to handle read and write, so I'll use them as the socket buffers (like in HTTP).

Rémy