http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html

----- Original Message -----
From: "Collin McClendon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: mod_jk 1.2.10 and tomcat 5.5.9 buffer overflow

Thanks so much for replying! I can understand that concept. Given that
we are using mod_jk to connect the Apache frontend to Tomcat running
OpenCMS on the backend, perhaps the way that the application is working
that is giving us this result?  Also in response to Bill, where can one
turn on
DEBUG logging for a specific class such as

org.apache.jk.common.MsgAjp

?

I'm thinking that would be in one of the xml config files and I will do
more research on that, but if you had a quick answer, I'd be happy to
hear it.
On the suggestion of Mladen Turk, I did upgrade to mod_jk 1.2.14, I hope
to see some difference there.
Thanks again,
Collin

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Bill Barker wrote:
>
>> The message is simply that you have a header value that is too big
>> for the
>> AJP/1.3 protocol to handle.  If you enable DEBUG logging for
>> org.apache.jk.common.MsgAjp, you should get a dump of the partial
>> data that
>> should include the name of the bad header.
>

> Given the line, it could be a monster header value, possibly a cookie
> (the size is 18KB, which is way over the AJP/1.3 capabilities).
>
> Rémy (with the neophyte AJP developer hat on)

Collin McClendon
Sr. Microsoft Systems Engineer
Digicon, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of
this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through
the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information,
such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification
numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.