William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
At 03:04 PM 7/12/2005, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

It's not the return OK; my bad.  Something deeper is going on here,
some interaction with Apache 2, having to do with the request_rec
status not being bubbled back to the origin error. But if anyone has clues to point me at, I'd appreciate it.

Ok, most httpd modules presume r->status is 200, and only set it
in the case of exceptions.  This is why a cgi with no 'Status:'
header will return the error code if it is configured as the
errordocument, but if 'Status: 200' is passed with the headers,
the 'error code' is lost.

In mod_jk's case, we always set r->status.  So we could decide
to do nothing for 200 OK, or leave as is.

In mod_jk r->status is set in ws_start_response(), that is called the first time ws_write is called or directly when Tomcat sends the headers. Of course you get the error page defined in Tomcat not the one defined in httpd.conf.

But it seems that alot of modules make this 'mistake' and it really
should be up to httpd to 'fix' the error result if it's using a given
resource as an 'error page'.  So I'm proposing to httpd that it gets
fixed on that side.

Bill