Allistair Crossley wrote:
Hi,

I've tested our intranet app on 5.5.12. Our application uses the following
extensively;

NTLM authentication via IIS5/JK1.2
META-INF/context.xml configuration
8 JNDI datasources (mix of various SQL Server 2K databases and JavaMail)
Log4J
Hibernate
Spring
Struts
CMS

Seems a touch faster than usual to me but this is speculation.

The only issue that was reported is lots of these:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: URI was not reported to parser for entity
[document]
        at gnu.xml.aelfred2.SAXDriver.warn(SAXDriver.java:934)

I don't see how this is Tomcat related, at this point.

These are only WARN level and do not appear to have affected the operation of
the web app, however there are at least 10 of these stack traces in the logs
which *may* confuse some users to think Tomcat is failing.

These only occur for Spring's applicationContext file which has a DTD of

<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd";>

My verdict based on testing is

[X] Stable - no major issues

Rémy