I am not sure I understand what you are saying here, can you please
clarify?

My web application resides in the directory
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/videosearch

What I am trying to do is to get Apache to protect one of the servlets
in that application, but leave the rest of the application with open
access.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
        Neil.