i had tomcat 3.1 beta running with no problems.

i downloaded jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1.tar.gz from the tomcat website
and gunzip'd and untar'd it.  i copied my original tomcat installation
directory to another location and then put the new 3.2.1 contents in its
place.

what else would have to be done assuming that i am only running very
simplistic servlets (lets say it is just a HelloWorld)?  i get an error when
i try to build and deploy my webapp with a HelloWorld JSP file in it.

anybody know why?  of course more info can be given if someone requests it.

the class that it says it cannot find does not appear to be on my system,
however it was not there before either.  did the XML parsing stuff change
between 3.1 and 3.2.1?  if so, where can i get the new XML parsing classes?

thanks in advance...i am looking forward to the performance increase and
built in security features of 3.2.1

my error message:

No JAXP compliant XML parser found. See http://java.sun.com/xml for the
reference implementation.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java, Compiled Code)