From: Dustin M. Hawley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2001 3:33 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: CLASSPATH trouble

I understand how to set the environment variables (which you don't need
to reboot to instantiate, btw).  I was referring to checking them, which
can be done at the command line with "echo %YOURVARIABLE%".  This will
return it's current value.  The trouble is that unless I set the CLASSPATH
statically Tomcat doesn't seem to set it up dynamically as it should with
the tomcat.bat file (which I verified using the above command).  My
JAVA_HOME variable is set to where it should be.  Are you saying that
CLASSPATH should staticly point to the JDK's tools.jar?  I'm a little
confused.  I'm thinking that perhaps I was unclear before.  Could someone
give me a short synopsis of the purpose of the CLASSPATH variable, what
it should be set to and where I put my class files that are called by
my JSP documents?

Thanks,
Dustin