Bonjour,

When many webapps use the same pakages, like utility classes, it would
be interressant to share them to have only one copy of the class files.

With Tomcat 3.1, you can add a list of path in the shell variable
"appClassPath" to allow tomcat to find the utility classes.

eg.  set appClassPath=%myPaths%;%appJars%;%sysJars%

With tomcat 4.0, I try to kepp my paths which are already in the the
shell variable "CLASSPATH" with this little modification , but it
does'nt work.

set CP=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CP%;%CLASSPATH%
echo --Using CLASSPATH: %CLASSPATH%

How to add "repository" in the standardClassLoader to allow it to find
classes in an other directory than WEB-INF/classes ?

I have not found  the documentation of the node "loader" of the
configuration file "server.xml". Someone try to write it ?

Thanks.

Olivier Gattaz.